Clean windows literally make the difference in how you see the world. Prescott Maid to Order recommends some quick, easy steps to clean the windows in your Prescott home.
- A soft-bristled brush
- White vinegar or dishwashing liquid
- Large sponges
- Flexible rubber squeegees with extension poles (if necessary)
- Lint-free cloths (anything previously rinsed with fabric softener will streak your windows)
- Rubber gloves
- Straight-edged razor blades
- A sturdy ladder
- Dry towel
- Ammonia-free all-purpose cleaner
- To avoid water spots, wash the windows when there is no direct sunlight shining on them.
- Remove cobwebs and loose dirt by brushing the sills and frames of with a soft-bristled brush.
- Mix a solution of equal parts white vinegar (or a few drops of dishwashing liquid) and hot water.
- Wet (not drench) your sponge with your cleaning solution and wipe the dirt away
- Wet the squeegee blade (a dry one will skip) and starting at the upper corner of the glass draw the squeegee down in one motion and repeat across from one corner to the other. After each stroke wipe the rubber blade with a lint-free cloth.
- Use a towel along the sill to catch drips.
- Draw the squeegee across the bottom of the window to finish it and dry the sill with a clean towel.
- Clean the frames using a dry cloth dampened with an ammonia-free all-purpose cleaner. Rinse thoroughly with a clean, barely-damp cloth to remove the cleaning solution and dry immediately.
Sparkling clean windows rejuvenate a home. Now that the holidays are around the corner, it’s a good time to make sure the windows at your Prescott home are bright and shining clean. If you want lovely windows but don’t have the time, let us provide customized cleaning services with great customer service for your home. For a free quote, call the window cleaning experts at Prescott Maid to Order today at 928-899-8518. Learn more at http://www.prescottmaidtoorder.com.